Tue 2 Feb - 11:50 by Janine

» Checking In!
Tue 2 Feb - 11:48 by Janine

» Hearts of love
Wed 13 Jan - 7:17 by Deanne

Outside Links

Forum Promotion

Share | 

You love your teenager but you feel like you're losing control of your family...and your mind!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
luckystar
Admin

Number of posts : 93
Job/hobbies : wonderwoman
Humor : Got one somewhere
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: You love your teenager but you feel like you're losing control of your family...and your mind!   Fri 23 Jan - 2:26

When parenting teens, it often seems easier (and more fun) to forge a close relationship with kids by playing the role of best pal instead of parent. . They’ve got plenty of buddies. They need parents who are parents. When we step up to the plate and really behave the way we’re supposed to, our kids will treasure and respect us even more.

Parenting teenagers is a tough job, even if you have a "normal" and not a "troubled" teenager living with you. Some of the challenges parents of adolescents face include:

Rebellious behavior

Lying or cheating

School performance problems

A negative attitude

Outright disobedience and disrespect

Sibling rivalry

Drug and alcohol use/abuse

Attachment to unsavory friends/peer group, not family

Run-ins with the police

Adolescent depression

Drinking and driving

Teen pregnancy and/or unsafe sexual behaviors

So, just what high-risk behaviors might your adolescent feel pressured to engage in? Plenty, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which periodically conducts surveys on health-risk behaviors among youth. The latest survey results indicate that teen peer pressure is real. Many adolescents are engaging in behaviors that place their health at risk -- including cigarette smoking, alcohol consumption, illegal drug use and sexual activity. And in all likelihood, their peers are pushing them to try these behaviors.

This forum is here for you express yourself,vent and seek advice . Dont forget that the advice given here is not exactly proffessional unless staed and that not the same stratagy
works for everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christine
Admin/Founder
Admin/Founder

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: You love your teenager but you feel like you're losing control of your family...and your mind!   Fri 23 Jan - 11:29

Great to have this topic out in the open..
Hug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terrie

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: You love your teenager but you feel like you're losing control of your family...and your mind!   Fri 23 Jan - 14:03

I sure feel like i am losing my mind with one of mine believe me, Aghhhh! bunking off school stealing i really need to undrestand more but it isent easy thats for sure.
Terrie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mandie-lee

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: You love your teenager but you feel like you're losing control of your family...and your mind!   Sat 24 Jan - 13:28

Hi Terrie i am in much the same position at present so i do feel for you hun, just look for the light at the end of the tunnel and know you could not have done more.
Hugs off Mandie-lee
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lillians

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: You love your teenager but you feel like you're losing control of your family...and your mind!   Mon 27 Apr - 6:10

yes here to,,all of the above,,with children who just donot get it or may never,,the internet is also a huge problem for us??anyone else??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christine
Admin/Founder
Admin/Founder

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: You love your teenager but you feel like you're losing control of your family...and your mind!   Mon 27 Apr - 6:15

Yes Lillian the internet is a big problem here also.
I stopped Anthony using it after abusing my trust to many times, it is hard as he needs to use one but i have said if it is for school work use school comps, but got told by the teachers they have took his Computer time off him as he knows how to get through pass the pass words and it is not for the work..
Christine x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bernie

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: You love your teenager but you feel like you're losing control of your family...and your mind!   Tue 28 Apr - 15:20

I thought i was alone in this thank heavens its not just me ,, do what you have to and if the child/children are abusing trust they have to pay the coonseqences o,m,g my spelling lol
Bernie
confused2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You love your teenager but you feel like you're losing control of your family...and your mind!   

Back to top Go down

You love your teenager but you feel like you're losing control of your family...and your mind!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1